Constructions of Childhood in Ancient Greece and Italy Paperback / softback
Edited by Ada Cohen, Jeremy B. Rutter
Part of the Hesperia Supplement series
These 20 papers explore ancient notions and experiences of childhood around the Mediterranean, from prehistory to late antiquity.
They are grouped into sections on Families; Socialization and Enculturation; Rituals and Life Transitions; Gender and Representation; Burial; Commemoration; and Childhood and the Classical Tradition.
The contributors come from a range of different disciplines, including art history, archaeology, classical philology, and physical anthropology.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 456 pages, 11 col and 167 b/w figs
- Publisher: American School of Classical Studies at Athens
- Publication Date: 01/12/2007
- Category: Prehistoric archaeology
- ISBN: 9780876615416