A History of Preston Guild, England's Greatest Carnival Paperback / softback
by Alan Crosby
Preston Guild is only celebrated every twenty years, and has a history stretching back to the Middle Ages, more than 800 years ago.
Described as our Greatest Carnival, the event has changed greatly over the years: originally it was held to help regulate the towns trade, then was transformed into a fashionable get-together for gentry and burgesses, and more recently a celebration of civic pride, famous around the country.
The Guild of 2012 will be the first with Preston having city status.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 288 pages, Illustrations
- Publisher: Carnegie Publishing Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/06/2012
- Category: Pageants, parades, festivals
- ISBN: 9781859362129