A History of the English Language Hardback
Comprehensive and balanced, this classic exploration of the history of the English language combines internal linguistic history and external cultural history-from the Middle Ages to the present.
Students are encouraged to develop both an understanding of present-day English and an enlightened attitude toward questions affecting the language today.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 464 pages, maps, ports.
- Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
- Publication Date: 05/08/2012
- Category: Historical & comparative linguistics
- ISBN: 9780205229390
- Paperback / softback from £32.09
- Hardback from £61.69