You Wouldn't Want To Be In The Trenches in World War One! Paperback / softback
by Alex Woolf
Illustrated by David Antram
Part of the You Wouldn't Want To Be series
It's August 1914. You are 16-year-old Tommy Atkins, living in London. Set against a backdrop of the war just broken out in Europe, find out what your life was like after joining up and being sent to the trenches.
From sharing your bed with rats and lice to a diet of bully beef, bread and biscuits, discover why you really wouldn't want to be a soldier living in a trench during World War One.
Handy hints include how to protect your feet from trenchfoot, how to use pigeons as spies, and how to detect enemy tunnelling beneath your trench.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 32 pages, Illustrations, color
- Publisher: Salariya Book Company Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/01/2014
- Category: History & the past: general interest (Children's/YA)
- ISBN: 9781909645226