A History of Male Psychological Disorders in Britain, 1945-1980 Hardback
Part of the Mental Health in Historical Perspective series
This book is open access under a CC BY license and explores the under-researched history of male mental illness from the mid-twentieth century.
It argues that statistics suggesting women have been more vulnerable to depression and anxiety are misleading since they underplay a host of alternative presentations of 'distress' more common in men.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 215 pages, XIII, 215 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 02/09/2015
- Category: Social & cultural history
- ISBN: 9781137448873
- Paperback / softback from £13.59