Think Java : How to Think Like a Computer Scientist PDF
Currently used at many colleges, universities, and high schools, this hands-on introduction to computer science is ideal for people with little or no programming experience. The goal of this concise book is not just to teach you Java, but to help you think like a computer scientist. Youll learn how to programa useful skill by itselfbut youll also discover how to use programming as a means to an end.
Authors Allen Downey and Chris Mayfield start with the most basic concepts and gradually move into topics that are more complex, such as recursion and object-oriented programming. Each brief chapter covers the material for one week of a college course and includes exercises to help you practice what youve learned.
- Learn one concept at a time: tackle complex topics in a series of small steps with examples
- Understand how to formulate problems, think creatively about solutions, and write programs clearly and accurately
- Determine which development techniques work best for you, and practice the important skill of debugging
- Learn relationships among input and output, decisions and loops, classes and methods, strings and arrays
- Work on exercises involving word games, graphics, puzzles, and playing cards
The updated second edition of Think Java also features new chapters on polymorphism and data processing, as well as content covering changes through Java 12.
- Format: PDF
- Pages: 326 pages
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media
- Publication Date: 27/11/2019
- Category: Computer programming / software development
- ISBN: 9781492072478
- EPUB from £33.12