Seven Deadly Colours : The Genius of Nature's Palette Paperback / softback
Andrew Parker takes the colours of the spectrum as his keys to the natural world.
In clear and accessible style he shows how colour plays a vital role in the struggle for life, and that nature's palette is far more miraculous than had been previously imagined - so miraculous in fact that it fools and misleads eyes all the time, both of animal predators and their prey.
With vivid and fascinating examples of how colour has affected animals in different environments across the globe, Seven Deadly Colours not only shows the endless wonder of the natural world but also extends our understanding of evolution itself.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 312 pages, 42 black and white illustrations and 8 colour photos
- Publisher: The Natural History Museum
- Publication Date: 02/06/2016
- Category: Life sciences: general issues
- ISBN: 9780565093990