Large Deviations in Physics : The Legacy of the Law of Large Numbers Paperback / softback
Edited by Angelo Vulpiani, Fabio Cecconi, Massimo Cencini, Andrea Puglisi, Davide Vergni
Part of the Lecture Notes in Physics series
This book reviews the basic ideas of the Law of Large Numbers with its consequences to the deterministic world and the issue of ergodicity.
Applications of Large Deviations and their outcomes to Physics are surveyed.
The book covers topics encompassing ergodicity and its breaking and the modern applications of Large deviations to equilibrium and non-equilibrium statistical physics, disordered and chaotic systems, and turbulence.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 314 pages, 18 Illustrations, color; 40 Illustrations, black and white; XIV, 314 p. 58 illus., 18 ill
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Publication Date: 16/05/2014
- Category: Applied mathematics
- ISBN: 9783642542503