Jane Austen's England : A Walking Guide Paperback / softback
This is an engaging account of Austen's life and work, arranged as a series of walking tours through the towns and countryside she knew and loved - the settings for her novels.
The 15 circular walks in the book describe the country houses, churches, great estates and elegant cities Austen knew and introduce the reader to the real-life people she met, many of whom gave her hints for the characters in her novels.
The walks include Godmersham House, the inspiration for Pemberley in Pride and Prejudice and the view from Box Hill, scene of the 'exploring party' in Emma.
This remains the only guide to Austen's England.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 224 pages, 60 black and white integrated illustrations, 15 maps
- Publisher: I.B.Tauris & Co. Ltd.
- Publication Date: 30/10/2017
- Category: Literary companions
- ISBN: 9781788310024
- EPUB from £7.19
- PDF from £7.19