Piano Makers in Russia in the Nineteenth Century Hardback
by Anne Swartz
This book is a detailed study of the history of the piano in Russian society from its beginnings with the European entrepreneurs who settled in St.
Petersburg in 1810, through Russian-owned family firms.
The themes in this book range from the role of women as patrons and performers, to the economic transformation that benefited Russian piano manufacturers.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 214 pages, 5 Halftones, black and white
- Publisher: Lehigh University Press
- Publication Date: 01/08/2014
- Category: Keyboard instruments
- ISBN: 9781611461589
- Paperback / softback from £23.55
- EPUB from £75.60