Art and Politics Now Paperback / softback
Art & Politics Now is a richly illustrated survey of more than 200 artists whose works address `the political', often using radical approaches and techniques to communicate their ideas.
Since the turn of the 21st century, contemporary artists have increasingly engaged with some of the most pressing issues facing our world and their art has taken a distinctly political turn.
Eleven themed chapters with integrated illustrations each provide a closely woven argument about the contribution of specific artworks and projects to different aspects of political and social engagement, from globalization and citizenship to activism and the environment.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 240 pages, 30 Illustrations, black and white; 389 Illustrations, color
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/10/2014
- Category: Art & design styles: from c 1960
- ISBN: 9780500291474