Fixing the African State : Recognition, Politics, and Community-Based Development in Tanzania Hardback
by B. Dill
Part of the Africa Connects series
Community-based development' (CBD) or'community-driven development' (CDD) has been the predominant approach to international development in recent years.
Drawing on fieldwork and first-hand experience, this book explains why CBD/CDD produces outcomes that are incompatible with its underlying assumptions and intended objectives.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 198 pages, XVI, 198 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 27/03/2013
- Category: Development studies
- ISBN: 9781137281401
- Paperback / softback from £50.59
- PDF from £54.40