The Making of Modern Afghanistan Paperback / softback
by B. Hopkins
Part of the Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series series
Examines the evolution of the modern Afghan state in the shadow of Britain's imperial presence in South Asia during the first half of the nineteenth century, and challenges the staid assumptions that the Afghans were little more than pawns in a larger Anglo-Russian imperial rivalry known as the 'Great Game'.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 259 pages, XIX, 259 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 24/10/2008
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780230302372
- PDF from £17.84
- Hardback from £59.65