Military Internees, Prisoners of War and the Irish State during the Second World War Hardback
by B. Kelly
Between 1939 and 1945, over two hundred German and forty-five Allied servicemen were interned in neutral Ireland.
They presented a series of extremely complex issues for the de Valera government, which strove to balance Ireland's international relationships with its obligations as a neutral.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 125 pages, VI, 125 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 29/04/2015
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781137446015
- PDF from £38.24
- Paperback / softback from £43.65