Now in paperback Proven, humane dog-handling methods Detailed description of the quarry, its habitat, and its characteristics Bill Tarrant explains how to effectively use dogs to hunt a variety of game birds: pheasant, quail, chukar, grouse, doves, ducks, and geese.
He describes how to handle a dog to either find the bird and present it to the gun or fetch it to hand after the shot.
He also details which type of dog is best for each type of bird.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 192 pages, 94 black & white halftones
- Publisher: Stackpole Books
- Publication Date: 01/12/2002
- Category: Hunting or shooting animals & game
- ISBN: 9780811724852
- Hardback from £13.45