More Tales of the Old Gamekeepers Paperback / softback
Illustrated by Philip Murphy
In this second evocative anthology Brian Martin tracks down a colourful group of countryfolk who, in their own words, tell of their triumphs and trials.
From fighting in the trenches to receiving the long service medal from HM The Queen, these entertaining characters have met the rich and famous and been party to great sporting occasions.
Above all they have been fired by a love of the outdoor life.
Their observations of nature are second to none and they share here their remarkable encounters with wildlife.
The collection is illustrated with the keepers' photographs and letters, as well as specially commissioned colour paintings and drawings by Philip Murphy.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 192 pages, 70 colour illustrations, 83 b&w illustrations, index
- Publisher: David & Charles
- Publication Date: 25/09/2003
- Category: Biography: historical, political & military
- ISBN: 9780715316078