Linguistic Minorities in Democratic Context Paperback / softback
by C. Williams
Part of the Language and Globalization series
This blends discussion of the role of language minorities in politics with examples of language policy in a range of national contexts.
It discusses minority rights and language protection, the policies of the state in privileging powerful majorities, the opportunities and challenges of both devolution and globalization.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 440 pages, 8 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 440 p. 8 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 28/11/2007
- Category: Sociolinguistics
- ISBN: 9781137355836
- PDF from £34.00