The Building of Britain's Railways Paperback / softback
Part of the Aspects of British History Beyond 1066 series
The British railway system is the oldest in the world.
This fascinating book describes the early days in the British railway industry, from the opening of the first public steam inter-city railway line in 1830 and Robert Stephenson's Rocket, through to the glory days of the Flying Scotsman and the expansion of the national rail networks in the 1940s to form British Railways.
With a biography of George Stephenson the Father of the Railways and his son Robert, a timeline and Track Facts, this book is a must for anyone with an interest in trains and train travel.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 32 pages, Illustrations, color
- Publisher: Capstone Global Library Ltd
- Publication Date: 05/04/2018
- Category: History & the past: general interest (Children's/YA)
- ISBN: 9781474734233
- Hardback from £10.99
- PDF from £5.24