Floss and the Boss : Helping Children Learn About Domestic Abuse and Coercive Control PDF
Part of the Floss and the Boss series
For effective and safe use, this book should be purchased alongside the professional guidebook. Both books can be purchased together as a set, Helping Children Learn About Domestic Abuse and Coercive Control: A Floss and the Boss Storybook and Professional Guide 
This beautifully illustrated and sensitively written storybook has been created to help young children understand about domestic abuse and coercive control. Floss is a happy little puppy who loves going to Doggy Daycare and playing with her best friend, Houdini. The story explores how things change when her Mumâ€™s new friend, Boss, comes into their lives. It helps children who have experienced domestic abuse and trauma to make sense of their feelings, teaching them to seek help and stay safe.
- Can be used to support the â€˜Healthy Relationshipsâ€™ topic in the PSHE curriculum
- Can be used to address the topic of domestic abuse and coercive control with individuals, small groups and whole classes, enabling dialogue around a sensitive issue
- Encourages children to seek support
Designed to be used with primary-aged children, this book provides a vehicle for talking to children about staying safe and their emotional wellbeing. It is also available to purchase as part of a set with a professional guide to support the sensitive and effective use of the storybook.
- Format: PDF
- Pages: 50 pages
- Publisher: Taylor and Francis
- Publication Date: 31/07/2020
- Category: Social work
- ISBN: 9781000090192
- Paperback / softback from £11.99
- EPUB from £8.99