Helping Children Learn About Domestic Abuse and Coercive Control : A Professional Guide PDF
Part of the Floss and the Boss series
This book is designed to support professionals with the sensitive and effective use of the storybook, Floss and the Boss, created to help young children understand about domestic abuse and coercive control.
By defining domestic abuse and coercive control and exploring the effects upon children and their education, this guidebook puts the professional in a position to have important conversations with children about what to do if something at home does not feel right. When used with the storybook, it provides a vehicle for talking to children about staying safe and their emotional wellbeing.
Key features of this book include:
- Page-by-page notes, with discussion topics and points for conversation around the Floss and the Boss story
- Activities for supporting children, safety planning strategies and guidance for taking on a key adult role
- A comprehensive list of helplines and organisations in place to support adult victims of domestic abuse
This is a vital tool for teachers, social care staff, therapists and other professionals working with the Floss and the Boss story to teach young children about domestic abuse and coercive control.
- Format: PDF
- Pages: 32 pages
- Publisher: Taylor and Francis
- Publication Date: 01/08/2020
- Category: Social work
- ISBN: 9781000090208
- Paperback / softback from £14.59
- EPUB from £8.99