The Far Side of the Moon : A Photographic Guide Hardback
The far side of the Moon, also called the "dark side of the Moon" was unknown to humanity until the Luna and Lunar Orbiter pictures were returned to Earth.
This wonderful book contains beautiful photographs and newly-assembled mosaic images of the far side of the Moon, cleaned of transmission, imaging stripes and processing artifacts by today's computer technology.
Byrne's superb analysis documents the appearance of the features of the far side with beautiful pictures from Lunar Orbiter.
Until now, the far side Lunar Orbiter photos have only been available with strong reconstruction lines, but appear here for the first time as complete photographs, unmarred by imaging and processing artifacts.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 215 pages, 1 Illustrations, color; 22 Illustrations, black and white; XI, 215 p. 23 illus., 1 illus.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Publication Date: 16/11/2007
- Category: Popular astronomy & space
- ISBN: 9780387732053
- Paperback / softback from £23.55
- PDF from £23.80