The Language of Kindness : A Nurse's Story Paperback / softback
* THE NO. 1 SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER *`It made me cry. It made me think. It made me laugh. It encouraged me to appreciate this most underappreciated of professions more than ever' Adam Kay, author of This is Going to HurtChristie Watson was a nurse for twenty years.
Taking us from birth to death and from A&E to the mortuary, The Language of Kindness is an astounding account of a profession defined by acts of care, compassion and kindness. We watch Christie as she nurses a premature baby who has miraculously made it through the night, we stand by her side during her patient's agonising heart-lung transplant, and we hold our breath as she washes the hair of a child fatally injured in a fire, attempting to remove the toxic smell of smoke before the grieving family arrive. In our most extreme moments, when life is lived most intensely, Christie is with us.
She is a guide, mentor and friend. And in these dark days of division and isolationism, she encourages us all to stretch out a hand.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 352 pages
- Publisher: Vintage Publishing
- Publication Date: 03/01/2019
- Category: Memoirs
- ISBN: 9781784706883
- Hardback from £11.35
- EPUB from £5.99
- eAudiobook MP3 from £8.00