Listening to Jennifer Higdon : The Musical Style of the Pulitzer Prize Winning Composer Paperback / softback
Renowned composer Jennifer Higdon is best known for her symphonic pieces "Blue Cathedral," "Concerto for Orchestra," "City Scape," "Concerto 4-3" and "Violin Concerto" (2010 Pulitzer Prize).
These compositions illustrate her breadth of style and avant-garde technique, inspired by bluegrass and folk melodies.
The author examines these works-with commentary by Higdon-as well as the music of her first opera, with a focus on compositional history, musical characteristics, formal analysis and critical reception.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 261 pages, 91 photographs
- Publisher: McFarland & Co Inc
- Publication Date: 30/08/2018
- Category: Western "classical" music
- ISBN: 9781476664064