Future Office Paperback / softback
Edited by Christopher Grech, David Walters
Developments in IT and the resulting knowledge-based economy have challenged traditional concepts of office design, as well as many of the larger architectural and urban design models.
This book examines the implications of this revolution on current urban design and identifies potential new trends in office design from an international perspective.
Six themes are addressed: IT and building infrastructurenew office/new communityorganizational changehigh performance building envelopesinterior environmentvalue added sustainable design. These forward-thinking essays have been contributed by practitioners and academics from a wide spectrum of interests to deliver an illuminating look into the unfolding possibilities and challenges ahead.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 174 pages, 16 pp colour section; 5 Line drawings, black and white; 30 Halftones, color; 80 Halftones
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 10/07/2007
- Category: Architectural structure & design
- ISBN: 9780415385916