Wind energy is today's most developed form of "green" power on the planet.
This comprehensive survey examines the history of wind power, from early peoples' technology to harness the wind for basic mechanical tasks (such as turning grain to flour) through today's "Wind Rush." The process of building a wind farm and the growth of off-shore wind farms are included.
Color imagery helps illuminate the text as well as inspire the imagination.
An extensive list of resources will enable individuals, entrepreneurs, and advocates to tap into this free, natural, and clean source of energy.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 160 pages, 141 color photos
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing Ltd
- Publication Date: 29/07/2008
- Category: Alternative & renewable energy sources & technology
- ISBN: 9780764329692
- Paperback / softback from £20.39