Received Medievalisms : A Cognitive Geography of Viennese Women's Convents Hardback
Part of the The New Middle Ages series
This study examines the post-medieval reception of Vienna's women's monastic institutions.
Through analysis of the physical and historical place such women's institutions held in an important urban and political center, this book provides a new picture of the ways in which the medieval shapes later understandings of women's role and agency.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 243 pages, XXI, 243 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 13/06/2013
- Category: Medieval history
- ISBN: 9780230393578
- Paperback / softback from £48.95