This book investigates for the first time the parallels between two island appendages of much larger governments - Okinawa, Japan's southernmost island prefecture, in ferment over historic US bases; Jeju embroiled over a new South Korean naval base.
The people of Okinawa and Jeju share a common fear of bloody conflict again erupting around them and suspect their governments would sacrifice their interests in a much larger war in a fight for regional control between the US, Japan, and China.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 148 pages, 11 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 148 p. 11 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 06/10/2013
- Category: Comparative politics
- ISBN: 9781137379085
- PDF from £41.65
- Paperback / softback from £39.95