In 1861, Charleston, South Carolina, was the focal point of war between the United and Confederate States; to Southerners, Charleston was a symbol of freedom; to Northerners, it represented rebellion.
Revisit one of our nation's greatest conflicts through this tour guide.
Explore the cemeteries and gaze at the homes of blockade runners and Confederate soldiers.
Visit the site where the Hunley passed before sinking the Housatonic.
Walk the battlefield of James Island, tour Civil War era plantations, and climb the walls of the harbor's fortifications.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 144 pages, 153 color and 46 b/w images
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/01/2010
- Category: History of the Americas
- ISBN: 9780764334764