Model Based Inference in the Life Sciences : A Primer on Evidence Paperback / softback
This textbook introduces a science philosophy called "information theoretic" based on Kullback-Leibler information theory.
It focuses on a science philosophy based on "multiple working hypotheses" and statistical models to represent them.
The text is written for people new to the information-theoretic approaches to statistical inference, whether graduate students, post-docs, or professionals.
Readers are however expected to have a background in general statistical principles, regression analysis, and some exposure to likelihood methods.
This is not an elementary text as it assumes reasonable competence in modeling and parameter estimation.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 184 pages, 8 Illustrations, black and white; XXIV, 184 p. 8 illus.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Publication Date: 17/12/2007
- Category: Biology, life sciences
- ISBN: 9780387740737
- PDF from £42.49