The American West Paperback
by Dee Brown
As the railroads opened up the American West to settlers in the last half of the 19th Century, the Plains Indians made their final stand and cattle ranches spread from Texas to Montana.
Eminent Western author Dee Brown here illuminates the struggle between these three groups as they fought for a place in this new landscape.
The result is both a spirited national saga and an authoritative historical account of the drive for order in an uncharted wilderness, illustrated throughout with maps, photographs and ephemera from the period.
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 464 pages, B&W pics - line drawings throughout
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster
- Publication Date: 01/05/2004
- Category: History of the Americas
- ISBN: 9780743490108
- Paperback from £9.15
- EPUB from £6.99
- eAudiobook MP3 from £20.96