Architecture and Agriculture : A Rural Design Guide Paperback / softback
Architecture and Agriculture: A Rural Design Guide presents architectural guidelines for buildings designed and constructed in rural landscapes by emphasizing their connections with function, culture, climate, and place.
Following on from the author's first book Rural Design, the book discusses in detail the buildings that humans construct in support of agriculture.
By examining case studies from around the world including Australia, China, Japan, Norway, Poland, Japan, Portugal, North America, Africa and the Southeast Asia it informs readers about the potentials, opportunities, and values of rural architecture, and how they have been developed to create sustainable landscapes and sustainable buildings for rapidly changing rural futures.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 212 pages, 136 Halftones, color; 136 Illustrations, color
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 08/09/2016
- Category: Environmentally-friendly architecture & design
- ISBN: 9781138937680