It's 1967 in Detroit. Motown music is getting the party started, and Chelle and her brother Lank are making ends meet by turning their basement into an after-hours joint.
But when a mysterious woman finds her way into their lives, the siblings clash over much more than the family business.
As their pentup feelings erupt, so does their city, and they find themselves caught in the middle of the '67 riots.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 96 pages
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 28/02/2013
- Category: Plays, playscripts
- ISBN: 9781783190003
- EPUB from £8.39
- Paperback / softback from £10.95