Rethinking Engineering Education : The CDIO Approach Hardback
This book describes an approach to engineering education that integrates a comprehensive set of personal, interpersonal, and professional engineering skills with engineering disciplinary knowledge in order to prepare innovative and entrepreneurial engineers.
The education of engineers is set in the context of engineering practice, that is, Conceiving, Designing, Implementing, and Operating (CDIO) through the entire lifecycle of engineering processes, products, and systems.
The book is both a description of the development and implementation of the CDIO model and a guide to engineering programs worldwide that seek to improve the education of young engineers.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 311 pages, 31 Tables, black and white; 6 Illustrations, color; 32 Illustrations, black and white; XV
- Publisher: Springer International Publishing AG
- Publication Date: 03/04/2014
- Category: Careers guidance
- ISBN: 9783319055602
- PDF from £76.08
- Paperback / softback from £83.35