Modernism and Christianity Paperback / softback
by Erik Tonning
Part of the Modernism and... series
By theorising the idea of 'formative tensions' between cultural Modernism and Christianity, and by in-depth case studies of James Joyce, David Jones, T.
S. Eliot, Ezra Pound, W. H. Auden, Samuel Beckett, the book argues that no coherent account of Modernism can ignore the continuing impact of Christianity.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 149 pages, XVIII, 149 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 17/01/2014
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9780230241770
- Hardback from £56.75