The Book of Speculation Paperback / softback
For fans of The Night Circus, comes a sweeping and captivating debut novel about a young librarian who discovers that his family labours under a terrible curse. Simon Watson lives alone on the Long Island Sound.
On a day in late June, Simon receives a mysterious book connected to his family.
The book tells the story of two doomed lovers, two hundred years ago.
He is fascinated, yet as he reads Simon becomes increasingly unnerved.
Why do so many women in his family drown on 24th July? And could his beloved sister risk the same terrible fate?As 24th July draws ever closer, Simon must unlock the mysteries of the book, and decode his family history, before it's too late.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 352 pages, 13 integrated drawings, greyscale
- Publisher: Atlantic Books
- Publication Date: 07/07/2016
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9781782397649