The Spectral Metaphor : Living Ghosts and the Agency of Invisibility Hardback
What does it mean to live as a ghost? Exploring spectrality as a metaphor in the contemporary British and American cultural imagination, Peeren proposes that certain subjects - migrants, servants, mediums and missing persons - are perceived as living ghosts and examines how this figuration can signify both dispossession and empowerment or agency.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 216 pages, X, 216 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 30/01/2014
- Category: Film theory & criticism
- ISBN: 9781137375841
- Paperback / softback from £53.19