Ian Hamilton Finlay : Selections Hardback
Edited by Alec Finlay
Part of the Poets for the Millennium series
This volume surveys the life and work of the Scottish poet Ian Hamilton Finlay, who is best known for his extraordinary garden, Little Sparta, a unique 'poem of place' in which poetry, sculpture, and horticulture intersect.
This book directs sustained attention to Finlay the verbal artist, revealing the full breadth and richness of his poetics.
It illuminates the evolution from his early years of composing plays, stories and lyrical poems to his discovery of Concrete poetry and his emergence as a key figure in the international avant-garde of the 1960s.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 334 pages, 23 b-w photographs
- Publisher: University of California Press
- Publication Date: 06/03/2012
- Category: Poetry by individual poets
- ISBN: 9780520270589
- Paperback / softback from £17.55