The Spanish Civil War 1936-1939 Paperback / softback
Part of the Essential Histories series
The Spanish Civil War of 1936-39 was of enormous international as well as national significance.
In this volume, Lannon explains how this internal conflict saw the fight between democracy and communism played out on a small scale, only to be fought out again in World War II.
We go behind the scenes to find out the true story of the bitter fighting within the sides, not just between them.
The experiences of the men and women caught up in the fighting are highlighted.
For them the stakes were painfully high.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 96 pages, 25 b&w and 25 colour illustrations, choronology
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 16/10/2002
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9781841763699