The Making of the British Landscape : How We Have Transformed the Land, from Prehistory to Today Paperback / softback
From our suburban streets which still trace the boundaries of long vanished farms to the Norfolk Broads, formed when medieval peat pits flooded - evidence of man's effect on Britain is everywhere.
Packed with over 250 maps and photographs, compellingly written and argued, this highly acclaimed book will permanently change the way you see your surroundings.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 832 pages, 250 photos and maps
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 07/04/2011
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780141040592
- EPUB from £6.99