The Embodied Mind : Cognitive Science and Human Experience Paperback / softback
Part of the The MIT Press series
The Embodied Mind provides a unique, sophisticated treatment of the spontaneous and reflective dimension of human experience.
The authors argue that only by having a sense of common ground between mind in Science and mind in experience can our understanding of cognition be more complete.
Toward that end, they develop a dialogue between cognitive science and Buddhist meditative psychology and situate it in relation to other traditions such as phenomenology and psychoanalysis.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 328 pages, 34 figures; 34 Illustrations, unspecified
- Publisher: MIT Press Ltd
- Publication Date: 13/11/1992
- Category: Philosophy of mind
- ISBN: 9780262720212
- Paperback / softback from £19.55
- EPUB from £25.19