Monetary Union and Fiscal Stability : A New Approach Paperback / softback
by Frank Bohn
Part of the Contributions to Economics series
This book addresses the macroeconomic implications of a country's transition to a monetary union.
By using a dynamic multi-country simulation model, it is possible to pinpoint a monetary union, and repercussions produced by fiscal retrenchment policies.
Interest and exchange rate effects could only be captured once a new approach including innovations in the solution methodology had been developed.
Not only can we draw lessons for newly joining members to the EMU or to any other monetary union, but the analysis also implicitly offers a new explanation for the weak Euro in the first half of 1999.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 225 pages, 5 Tables, black and white; 1 Illustrations, black and white; XIV, 225 p. 1 illus.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Publication Date: 24/01/2000
- Category: Monetary economics
- ISBN: 9783790812664
- PDF from £70.98