The Chinese in Britain, 1800-Present : Economy, Transnationalism, Identity Paperback / softback
Part of the Palgrave Macmillan Transnational History Series series
This study points up the complex interplay of ethnic and national identities in the lives of Chinese in Britain, arguing that transnational studies reinforce essentialist conceptions of identity and cultural authenticity in diasporic communities, and thus frustrate the promotion of ethnic co-existence and social cohesion in multi-ethnic societies.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 470 pages, 20 Illustrations, black and white; XV, 470 p. 20 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 18/12/2007
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780230296411
- PDF from £21.25
- Hardback from £89.09