One Room : Schools and Schoolteachers in the Pioneer West Paperback / softback
A fond recollection of the West's one-room school houses, this book celebrates an American institution with stories of heroism and perseverance.
Illustrated with archival images of classrooms and students, One Room reflects the earnest striving and innocent hopes of pioneers forging communities.
Learn about the unsung and yet mythical frontiersmen and women who "civilized" the west, the children who attended one-room schools, and the teachers who faced hardships on the frontier, including blizzards, fires, and teaching the three "R's."
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 192 pages, 99 Halftones, black and white
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield
- Publication Date: 01/10/2018
- Category: History of the Americas
- ISBN: 9781493036684
- Paperback from £11.85