School Boards in America : A Flawed Exercise in Democracy Paperback / softback
School boards spend almost $500 billion in taxpayer-provided funds, they employ more than 6 million people, offering pensions and lifetime health benefits that have helped build the obligation that has put state governments in fiscal peril.
This book lifts the veil of obscurity from school boards and makes readers think about the issues.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 229 pages, X, 229 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 18/01/2011
- Category: Philosophy & theory of education
- ISBN: 9780230109315
- Hardback from £65.69