London's Docklands: An Illustrated History Paperback / softback
London has always been a bustling place of trade; once the docks teemed with men, ships and goods from all over the world.
Now all has been transformed: starting at Canary Wharf and continuing at the Royal Docks, a vibrant new area has sprung into existence providing commerce, housing, shops and restaurants. In London's Docklands the author takes you on a journey though the historical development of the area.
He outlines life at the docks, the troubled industrial relations, their heyday as the hub of the Empire's trade and their eventual demise.
Discover a collection of unique buildings, hidden tunnels, pioneering voyages and historical riverside pubs.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 168 pages, 40 Illustrations, color; 100 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: The History Press Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/10/2018
- Category: Maritime history
- ISBN: 9780750987790