Waterloo, 1815 : The Birth of Modern Europe Paperback / softback
Part of the Osprey Military Campaign S. series
Fought on 18th June 1815, Waterloo is one of the best known of all battles in history ending 25 years of Napoleonic Wars.
Waterloo pitted two of the greatest commanders of the period against each other.
Napoleon, who had marched in triumph into every major European capital except London, and Wellington, the victor of the Peninsula who had beaten many of Napoleon's best marshals but who had never faced the master himself.
Finally there was Blucher, who had an implacable hatred of Napoleon and was a tenacious and determined enemy.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 96 pages, 70 b&w and 10 colour illustrations, 3-D maps
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 28/05/1992
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9781855322103
- EPUB from £11.50
- PDF from £11.50