Dynamics of Democratization : Elites, Civil Society and the Transition Process Paperback / softback
by Graeme Gill
The author assesses the main theories developed to account for and explain why and how authoritarian regimes give way to democratic ones.
The book takes issue with the predominantly elite-centred focus of much of the literature, and illustrates how an understanding of democratization can be gained only if the role of civil society is taken into account.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 287 pages, VII, 287 p.
- Publisher: Macmillan Education UK
- Publication Date: 13/04/2000
- Category: Political structures: democracy
- ISBN: 9780333801970