Beginning Node.js, Express & MongoDB Development Paperback / softback
by Greg Lim
Paperback / softback
In this book, we take you on a fun, hands-on and pragmatic journey to learning Node.js, Express and MongoDB development. You'll start building your first Node.js app within minutes. Every chapter is written in a bite-sized manner and straight to the point as I don't want to waste your time (and most certainly mine) on the content you don't need. In the end, you will have the skills to create a blog app and deploy it to the Internet.
In the course of this book, we will cover:
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Introduction to npm & Express
- Chapter 3: Beginning our Blog Project
- Chapter 4: Templating Engines
- Chapter 5: Introduction to MongoDB
- Chapter 6: Applying MongoDB to our Project
- Chapter 7: Uploading an Image with Express
- Chapter 8: Introduction to Express Middleware
- Chapter 9: Refactoring to MVC
- Chapter 10: User Registration
- Chapter 11: User Authentication with Express Sessions
- Chapter 12: Showing Validation Errors
- Chapter 13: Relating Post Collection with User Collection
- Chapter 14: Adding a WYSIWYG Editor
- Chapter 15: Using MongoDB Atlas
- Chapter 16: Deploying Web Apps on Heroku
The goal of this book is to teach you Node.js, Express and MongoDB development in a manageable way without overwhelming you. We focus only on the essentials and cover the material in a hands-on practice manner for you to code along.
About the Reader
No previous knowledge on Node.js development required, but you should have basic programming knowledge.
About the Author
Greg Lim is a technologist and author of several programming books. Greg has many years in teaching programming in tertiary institutions and he places special emphasis on learning by doing.