Orphaned at an early age, raised by his aunt and uncle, and apprenticed for seven years to a draper, Artie Kipps is stunned to discover upon reading a newspaper advertisement that he is the grandson of a wealthy gentleman - and the inheritor of his fortune.
Thrown dramatically into the upper classes, he struggles desperately to learn the etiquette and rules of polite society.
But as he soon discovers, becoming a 'true gentleman' is neither as easy nor as desirable as it at first appears.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 400 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 26/05/2005
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780141441108
- Paperback / softback from £2.50