101 American Customs Paperback / softback
by Harry Collis, Joe Kohl
Part of the 101... Language Series series
What is sold at garage sales? Why does no one get wet at a bridal shower? For non-native speakers, here's a humorous approach to understanding common American customs and the expressions related to them.
Customs are explained, one to a page, with conversational examples and whimsical cartoons.
Topics range from age-old traditions, such as shaking hands and bachelor parties, to more modern American practices - coupon clipping, TV dinners, and tailgate parties.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 136 pages, illustrations, index
- Publisher: NTC Publishing Group,U.S.
- Publication Date: 01/10/1999
- Category: Sociology: customs & traditions
- ISBN: 9780844224077